Coastal Empire Polio Survivors Association, Inc.
The purpose of CEPSA is:
- Locate polio survivors and provide them with information about post-polio syndrome;
- Give referrals for medical and emotional assistance;
- Counsel as needed or requested;
- Educate the members, their families, the medical community, and medical and personal caregivers about post-polio syndrome;
- Provide financial support to polio survivors for necessary equipment or medical care not covered by insurance, or for times of personal crisis, or other extenuating circumstances, depending on availability of funds with the approval of the Executive Board.
- Promote public awareness of polio, post-polio syndrome, polio immunizations, global polio eradication and local accessibility issues;
- Promote social welfare, education, and fellowship through activities such as tours, holiday dinners, field trips, conferences, seminars, and workshops;
- Raise, receive, use, hold, and apply any contributions, bequests, endowments, or other proceeds to carry out the general purposes.